With more than 10-million trees, Johannesburg looks like a rain forest on satellite pictures. As we head towards the winter period, trees begin to shed their leaves which often end up in your gutters, blocking them and causing major problems when the rains return!
It is important to ensure that your gutters are kept clear at all times by following these steps:
1) Wear a shirt with long sleeves. Wear rubber gloves.
2) Have a good extendable ladder available. Standoff stabilizers (ladder “horns”) are ideal to keep the ladder from damaging the gutter.
3) Use a small plastic scoop to remove gunk. Buy a gutter scoop from the hardware store or try a child’s sand shovel.
4) Spare your lawn by dumping the stuff onto a plastic bag.
5) After you’ve cleared the muck, flush the gutters and downspouts with a garden hose — also a great way to spot any leaks.
Don’t have time or the correct equipment to clean your gutters? Contact Arcstone today and “leave” this important task up to us! 🙂 Visit our website at www.arcstone.co.za, call 011 440 8939 or email firstname.lastname@example.org